Apr 24, 2011

Laptop Depression

I've always played Brood War on my laptop for years and never thought I had any disadvantage. Boy was I wrong. After playing some games on my desktop I felt faster and more in control! I absolutely know it's because the laptop keys are so small. It's horrible how easy it is to hit the wrong key. I'm such an idiot for thinking smaller, closer together keys would be better. I've always thought it was hard to irradiate things. Now I know it's because there's a greater chance of missing "i". I have to look down at the keyboard to get it right. The fastest typist in the world isn't going to be using a damn laptop. I guarantee it!

That's not the only thing. I believe a widescreen monitor also gives you a disadvantage. The mouse doesn't move as it should.

Also, the monitor should be a certain distance away from your face. Laptops are usually so close you can't see the whole screen as easily as possible. If I could feel my aim getting off from playing Halo too close to a big screen television, then I know starcraft wouldn't be all that different. Especially when you need to keep an eye on the minimap. Not to mention how being close to the screen strains your eyes even more.

I'm going to be a desktop player from now on.

No comments: