Dec 19, 2008

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

I put a halt on my iCCup playing and in turn I have picked up bgh and playing the computer on iccup maps. I believe what's been giving me the most problems is the difficulty of trying to constantly use hotkeys throughout the game, in getting as much macro as you can and still do good micro. Macro motions still don't feel natural too me yet. Build order isn't really much of a concern at the moment, because I could have all the right buildings and still not have good macro. The good news is that I can work on macro by both playing the computer and bgh. I'm not going to say this is going to prepare me for iCCup but it's a necessity to grind the motions into my brain.

I've been trying to avoid taking it too seriously, but since I won't be playing iccup, the pressure has lessened a lot. Also, when I play 3v3 bgh, most of the time whatever happens it beyond my control anyway. I either have one or two bad allies or someone on the opposing team does, but I shouldn't make excuses, someone much better than me would have found a way to win. It's not like I'm such a great ally anyway. It might just be me but a map like bgh can leave you responding to unexpected things. There's no telling what your own allies and enemies will do or if they will work together with you very well. Or even when you rely on them to do something, if they actually DO IT RIGHT. And whatever build order you do is a risk in itself, especially against 3 different races. They could rush, or go mutas, or tank drop, or ugh, it seems the best thing you can do is block yourself in first thing.

Oh well, its all for the macro motion anyway. I'll try to get 4 against computer and 1 in bgh every day for at least a week.

No comments: