Dec 14, 2008

Starcraft is Boring

This morning I decided to use an unpatch program I saw on iCCup to resume playing this epic game - no longer could I wait for the new launcher. So I get on iCCup and decide I want to work on my build/strat a little bit before I own someone. I played two games against the computer. When you play starcraft you have to be smart about what you do, it's not just your apm that matters. You could have a really high apm and know squat, you must first learn how to PLAY. I was thinking the hotkey/scout trainer I used helped me a lot but it really wasn't that much of help. Best thing I can do is to simply play, and I feel that's probably the only way I can enjoy this game at all. I just need to play it, and learn as I play. I don't think I've ever played ANYTHING that I didn't get better at. You see, I initially thought I would have to study this game, I thought I would need to know the builds very well, and I do actually, but I believe that kind of thing will come to me in time. Lord knows that reading that kind of thing on a forum won't help much. And lord also knows that studying the game in such a way squeezing the enjoyment factor out is not the way to go. I've already said I was going to get better as I play but now I'm not going to worry so much and let my mind wonder and explore the complexity of the game.

It will be a while before starcraft two comes out, it will be only then that I can enjoy gaming on bnet because my friends will have it. As good as I'll be, my skill would encourage my friends a little bit to learn to play, at least I hope so. Starcraft just might end up as a hobby. I feel that I'm only repeating what I have said in previous posts but I still feel the loneliness of playing this game, it's like playing basketball or shooting pool by yourself. oh well

So, I'm pretty damn certain this game will cause plenty upsetting feeling in me, but I know I will slowly get better, one day I'll be at the top of my game, it's important to take it in a little bit at a time. I haven't been using the hotkeys for upgrading and think I should try applying pressure with about 5 or 6 vultures using the mines (against toss). I've seen great things being done with early vultures.

Sorry about the title of this post, starcraft will never be boring, but is definitely a little bothersome to play -_-

Peace out homie

No comments: