Jun 4, 2009

iCCup and Koreans

I've been watching a korean online gaming television station thingamajig lately. How interesting is that? Koreans really love their starcraft. I've watched a few matches and feel the intensity from each game. They show the faces of the players and quite often seem on the edge of passing out. I don't know any of their names or what the fuck the commentators are saying (except for "stuuum!" and "tempwaar"), but I like them all. I finally understand what Starleague is.

Those Koreans have already taken over iCCup in the first four days of the new season.

And I noticed something rather peculiar, most of the top players have only played Destination. That map must be most fun and balanced.

Look at the picture. The one in fifth place has played EIGHTY GAMES and it's been about 3 days! He must be insane. I've never been one to take games too seriously, as that seems to be missing the whole point of gaming, but I at least offer respect to people that dedicate so much time.

In other news, I joined the team "funtastic". It consists of mostly D ranked players, and there's about 80 of us at the moment. Just a bunch of well mannered folks. You can get a decent game from almost any of them and they offer tips afterwards. Whether the clan has helped me become better is not completely clear. The chatting more than anything helps. ICCup is soulless as it is, almost no personality in a ranked game, you have a more comfortable (human) experience with a team. One may even find a worthy rival.

Lately, I've been going back to Battle.net for some mindless gaming. A part of me doesn't want to go back to iCCup.

2 comments:

Tom Phoenix said...

One of the big draws of ICCup is that progamers often use it for practice. Combined with the fact that everyone starts at D level in the beggining of the season and ICCup preety much represents the only chance for regular StarCraft players to meet some of their favourite progamers.

Anyway, congratulations on finding a team. I hope they will help you further your skill. :)

Michael said...

I've probably missed my chance to play a pro by now eh?

And thanks Tom! I hope so too. You cann congratulate me by posting on your blog :-)