May 26, 2009

It's Still Fun

I've played Fafner in the last two days, five games in all. In one, he spanked my ass all around the map. I'm feeling the improvement on his part. Before the games, I remind myself to experiment with spam, but it's difficult keeping it up for long. We have great games and I believe we will strengthen each other.

In the first couple of games, I see he gets many more minerals than I. He also loves to storm my workers. My gameplay had to adapt and I tried to use the map to my advantage.

Where do I go from here? I think I've reached the level I wanted in preparation for starcraft 2. I can actually enjoy the game and slowly get faster and better after each match. It's quite simple to calm down for the sake of learning and experimenting. I'm not even halfway with my mass TvZ (50) games.

Lately, each game (TvZ) I've won felt on the brink of a loss. I dislike that feeling. So:

1. Work on spamming, make changes where necessary, keep it up. My avg. apm is 150 (TvZ) but around 130 when losing.

2. Against zerg, atttack ASAP. I rarely go for a second expansion -spending all my money is already difficult enough, but I should work on it if the zerg tries too. I could always queue many tanks just so minerals go out faster.

Lastly, given the choice of D+ rank or beating FafnerX 4/5 games, I'd choose the LATTER! It's all good ;-)

GG

Ohooooo, I've looked at BWChart, and see the first game between Fafner and I. One can't help but smile at his 64 apm, followed by 79 in the rematch... and to think that was just in January. Map: Othello, the same map in our last 5 matches. Me: Impaired. FafnerX: Knows not WTF to do. I will save that replay for the rest of my life.

TomPhoenix, I may have to play one handed against you.

3 comments:

Tom Phoenix said...

At this point, considering that I have been unable to touch StarCraft for a while now, you might as well play blindfolded and you will still beat me. :(

But mark my words. I will catch up to both of you (basically, reach D+). ;) I just have to get through this busy period of my life.

By the way, do you have any plans to make a Replay Pack of games between you and Fafner? Since I lost all of my replays due to a hard drive malfunction, it would be nice to have some.

Michael said...

TomPhoenix, if you make it to D+ before starcraft 2 comes out, I'd say hell has frozen over.

Well I have every replay of Fafner and I. You could get on messenger and I can them that way.

Michael said...

*send*