May 21, 2009

New Goal #2

I've decided not to get to D+ anymore. I've chatted with a guy and he's convinced me that, for now, each game should be a learning experience. There should be no pressure to win or lose, for I am a grasshopper. Having a goal like D+ will not be a admirable goal. His recommendation was to play 1,000 games. 1,000... games. Playing is mostly instinctive, and mass gaming is most likely going to take me to the stars. Now, I believe I'm going to cut it down to 800 games.... and finally, I will be done with Starcraft for good.

There's no telling how long this will take. But, I've got the rest of my life to get there. I'll begin the count first game after this post.

I'll try to make each game a learning experience. Every 50th (or whenever I feel like doing it) game will result in a progress report. I'm going to count every single game with another person, doesn't matter if it's on iCCup. And I will also not discriminate. I will not ban anymore D- ranked people from my games and it has to be 1v1.

I'm contemplating playing ONE race for 50 games before changing to another. The first will be zerg, second will be protoss, third will be terran. Since I dislike playing terrans the most I may play them less.

Now, anyone that has kept in touch with my blog will know that I'm rather bipolar. After a loss, my internal switch goes to "FUCK IT ALL" which may last hours or even days. But, this may be a special case since my only accomplishment is to play a certain amount of matches.

I will NOT change my goal anymore! This is final.

2 comments:

winker said...

Lol. I think the mass game goal is a good one. I remember when I was playing early on in the late 90's, I wasn't the greatest. At around 700 games though, something just clicked for me. Granted, it may be different for everyone, but it sure worked for me. I'm a B- foreigner and have been working my way through iccup for a while now.

Michael said...

oh wow. B- Hopefully I can stay at it like you