Sep 26, 2008

Iccup Battle

Three words: I got fucked. Map Andromeda, totally fucked. And to add to that, it was the first time I've ever even played that map haha. I played twice against a zerg guy and he came with those mutas like a madman. I don't know if it was just me but I could so have gotten science vessels a lot sooner but I kept trying to use my marines to handle his ass. Bad move. He was really good with his mutas. And he had about 14 I could irradiate... that is.. if I had vessels.

The first game, his mutas were attacking and microing all over my base. Really slowing me down. I could barely make people. Then when I had my vessels I tried to attack but he overwhelmed me with lurkers and lings. Totally fucked. I should have had vessels much earlier and way more tanks and marines.

The game was strange because I had to fall back into recently picked up hotkey skills. I didn't hotkey so well. My marines were all over the place. haha it was crazy. This game lasted 19 minutes.

The second game I really tried to get into it and he came hard with the mutas again. I never got my vessels out... I should have tried a little harder to just defend instead of trying to attack, at least until my vessel came. But he put the muta's penis all over my base. And he fucked me bad. At the 14 minute mark he made his mutas into guardians. I just left the game.

You see I've played on iCCup twice before these two games against different players and I pretty much raped both of them. I looked at BWChart for one of those games and they had an APM (Actions Per Minute) of 112 while I had 101. It was a zerg guy and he had a whole lot of minerals but he still got screwed pretty bad. He never harassed me at all. I don' t think he knows how to muta micro either.

THE GUY I JUST PLAYED HAD AN APM of 213!!!!!!! Jesus Christ dude. Is that what D ranked players are like on iCCup? No wonder this guy raped me. You don't have such a high APM and be a bad player. Damn, this is ridiculous. I don't want play anyone with an APM anywhere as high as 200. I would surely quit if I don't get any lower level APM players. Man lol

I didn't even save the replay for the second game on account of how terrible I did. I see that I'm going to have to get my hotkeys down and timing right before I can get a higher rank. I've got to scan the zerg guys and if he's making mutas I've really got to make science vessels or I'm dead meat. Being away from starcraft for a while made me forget how much terran needs vessels. ha

As I further look at the BWChart I can see his peak APM was 342. LOL mine was 182. I can't believe this game is so demanding of skill. I knew I was going to have to work myself in to comfortable gameplay but this game was completely unexpected.

But one thing is sure. I've gotten a lot better. My APM used to be around 80 and I used to not know how or what to do most of the time. But I do now, I know what to do and how to do it but I need to play a few more games to straighten myself out. Hopefully they won't have an APM of 200 too. I won't play anymore today but when I do, I'll update.

Edit: I just looked on iCCup wondering why my losses weren't shown on my record and saw I have to play it on the 1v1 gametype. I played it on melee. Fail! So my record is 0-0, but in my heart it's 2-2 lol.

No comments: