Oct 21, 2008

5 More

It was a random time to play Starcraft but I felt an urge to whoop some ass tonight. As of right now I'm pretty heated about all the losses I've picked up on the map Wuthering. It's so embarrassing how easily I've been beaten. But, I did win one of them but he was a complete and total newb. My iCCup record is now 1-6 :-(

First game: I won against the noob zerg pretty easily. He had an APM of 56 so it wasn't any kind of surprise. No real satisfaction from winning. Since I have 900 points I figure I'd ban anyone over 1100. Maybe then I'd have easier opponents.

Second game: My protoss opponent had an APM of 186. Mine was 103. As I tried to expo he sent two dark temps into my base. I responded by panicking with my one vulture. When temps surprise you in such a way it's pretty much gg. See the two DTs?

Third game: By far the most embarrasing game yet. The protoss user had an APM of 88 to my pathetic 93. The loss was embarrassing because I know in my heart I could have won it if only I used my units intelligently and focused on making more units. Seems he went to reavers as soon as he could. That damn reaver killed 10 of my scvs. Nine minutes into the game I could have attacked him and totally owned, but was completely oblivious. He only had about 4 goons. Look at the pictures.
Terrible... I'm getting upset thinking about how I fucked this game up... I tried to whisper the guy for a rematch but he wasn't online. I need to take the losses in stride I guess...

..So my sucky timing allowed him to make an army. I pushed, didn't use my units well when I did and didn't back up my units. Not a good game! (Even though it lasted 20 minutes)
Fourth Game: Somehow, I wasn't signed in to iCCup so the replay wasn't saved. He could have hacked for all I know. It was a zerg guy and jacked me with lurkers even though I had 3 bunkers... I didn't have any tanks... so much for relying on bunkers.. Damn those lurkers. They are such a pain in the ass. You will get yours one day!

Fifth: Another protoss guy with an APM of 186... how strange. Mine was 103 this time. It was the shortest game of them all ending 5 minutes in. He sent two goons when I had 3 marines. At that point I came to a realization that I didn't especially know how to stop early goon attack. Unlike python, it didn't start the players on upper ground. I look pretty noob in this game.
Okay, so I know I fucked up by making another factory and not making a bunker. I was slow with getting my first tank. Ending the night with games like this won't allow me to sleep easily. I'm pretty sure I'll be thinking about what I could have done all night and dream of hotkeying units.

I came to another realization after the last loss. I didn't exactly have a set plan that makes the most sense. My gameplay is short of good fore-sight. The next time I play, I will think critically about the best choices one can make in certain situations. Meditation before a game seems to be a smart thing to do. I find myself extremely cautious and afraid of the enemy, maybe that's one of the things that hold me back from playing well. It always feels like the enemy has much more than I do, it works my nerves. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I've played protoss, who knows. I only had a general idea to make vultures and tanks, that's all. I panic whenever I see the enemy. Gotta work on that.

Tell me if you'd like to see a replay for any of the games.

No comments: