Dec 12, 2009

Eye See See You Pee

I see the truth in that no matter how good I am at this game, lots of things are going to happen that reeeeaally squeezes the tit! The unexpected is probably the worst thing about this game, where experience is the only cure. A Protoss abruptly switches to carriers as I kill all off his ground units. A zerg goes lurkers asap and totally rape me. Many guys rush, fully focused on ending it quickly. If they aren't beating me with good macro and micro, they are beating me with lame tactics that upset me too much for me to admit my own noobyness.

Playing people you are familiar with can be a good thing and a bad thing. If you try to get good ranks on iCCup by rarely playing the same person twice, you'll be in for a lot of surprises. I recommend to not play someone obviously better than you too often.

I've gotten to 2800 points, then it's all losses. Somewhat sucky people still walk up behind me with a kick to the groin. And what if I DID get to C-? I'd just be knocked right back down to D+. If I make it, I want to settle, not visit. I'm pretty sure most C- Protoss players usually have 180 APM, while I merely dance around with 130-140.

But I have a few surprises of my own at times, I have beaten Tosses with 200 APM. Usually when they fail hard or I become aggressive in harassment. If I were to rematch they'd most likely beat me. My latest TvP, our armies went around each other, and I barely managed to hang on for the win. Woo... the intensity.

No comments: