Jan 30, 2009

Before and After

Before:

July, 2008 Replays
Click Here for a TvP loss - Here for a TvP win.

At that time, still fresh to low money maps with no knowledge of good macro or micro, I didn't particularly enjoy the game. If my tvp win isn't proof enough that apm isn't always reliable to determine skill level, I don't know what is.

After:

January 30th, 2009
iCCup Match D/D- (Here)

It's been six months, and I'm finally seeing obvious improvement, especially macro wise. I've been practicing. On one of TomPhoenix's comment sections, I saw that I could start the game all by myself, no computer (in multiplayer, change the computer to closed as the timer goes down).

Anyway, I'm not one to be easily pushed around anymore, at least not like before. This very moment is where I want to be because I'm beginning to macro like I should be, enough to carry over to starcraft 2; that's a pretty big deal in my book. I take great pride representing the race of fewest players - Terran. I hope terran stays difficult to use for noobs in sc 2.

For now, I believe I'm a decent D ranked player on my way to D+. Since my ego has been lifted a bit, I shall test myself in more games and commence a deep analysis next blog post.

TomPhoenix, Fafner, Stryxis and everyone... PREPARE YOURSELVES :-)

No comments: