Mar 11, 2009

Macro Noobing

Many people don't do as well as they do when they practice, they more than likely blank out on ladder or more serious games. That is basically what happened to me in this game. His DT drop made me panic a bit and I think I was spooked for the rest of the game. I didn't scout until it was WAY too late, and had too many minerals in my bank. It felt odd, he didn't seem to care about me killing off his main in such a way. That kind of thing would definitely set some alarms in my brain if it were a friend.

On BWChart, I see he didn't hotkey his buildings... only his units... and his train rate was ZERO for at least 10 minutes of the game. His APM 118, mine 119 (last 5 minutes our apm went down). I was so wanting him to attack me head on but he never did it. Players on iCCup do so many unexpected things. My game will get better. Hopefully the next one won't BMs me by prolonging the game unnecessarily.

I've looked at FPVOD's of pro players again and I can better understand how I should play. It's a good thing to harass with vultures and not to focus on my army too much. Simple. Conditioning myself to not take it too seriously and believe I have a chance is what is on my mind. The only reason lots of these people on D beat me is because they've played more games than me. It has nothing to do with one's intelligence or reflexes, everyone should remember that.

2 comments:

Tom Phoenix said...

Your opponent was not bad. He showed proper judgment when attacking with that Dragoon and it takes a lot of precision to take out mines with DT`s.

"It's a good thing to harass with vultures and not to focus on my army too much."

Actually, as far as Terrans are concerned, I do not think Vulture harass and army focus are mutually exclusive. You need to build Vultures to compliment your tanks anyway. Might as well use them for some early scouting and harass before you are ready for a mid-game push. Plus, losing Vultures does not hurt you much since they only cost 75 minerals.

Michael said...

Agreed. Thanks for the input man!