Mar 22, 2009

So-So

There have been a few english speaking koreans I've chatted with. I'd ask the same question and would receive the same unexpected answer. My question: if koreans were just as excited for starcraft 2 as many of us Americans. The responses would show koreans as indifferent of the sequel. Out of total confusion, I'd exclaim, "But it's starcraft!!! How could you all not get a collective hard-on over this whole new refreshing starcraft!?". All I could get was "It's still all about Brood War".

Suddenly, I remember an article covering blizzcon where people were more interested in a pro game than SC2 displays. Has anyone else spoken to any koreans? Does anyone have a thought as to why they aren't super excited?

1 comment:

Tom Phoenix said...

I think what they are trying to say is that, currently, the progaming focus still remains on Brood War. To put it simply, they will probably pass judgment once the sequel is actually released.

At least that is how I understood it. While I have not talked to any Koreans, they seem to have a similarly mixed response to players from Europe and North America. Some are excited, others are worried and yet others are neutral.

Overall, I think we will know more about their opinion once beta arrives.