Mar 16, 2009

My Practice Partner

If you had practice partner, wouldn't a piece of you want him to do well playing others? One may feel like they've not played well enough for their partner to get better, and that your tips aren't all that good. I'm not quite D+ like I initially believed, not yet. A part of me doesn't want to keep it up on iCCup until my practice partner is up to par (well okay, so we hardly play each other much. Maybe we'll get more games in the future). He seemed to believe there wasn't much he could have done this game but I begged to differ:

1. Have units prepositioned. This will be handy for a flank while a terran is pushing. Unit positioning is quite important in Starcraft.

2. Expanding at random spots may be smart. Sometimes the enemy isn't aware of an expo until it's too late.

3. There are plenty of points I queue 5 units per building seeing as how my macro isn't all too good. It just seems like a smart thing to do until I become faster and comfortable.

4. Know when the best time to attack is. It's well known that timing can be pretty important.

5. Don't stress too much. You can't execute things the way you want when you're unable to think.

Me vs Fafner

1 comment:

Fafner said...

Thanks, I wish I could do better so I could help _you_ practise better.