Mar 7, 2009

Micro is the First Thing to go

I've been told that without warming up or practicing the micro skill is the first thing to go. So true... so true... After my last match with Fafner, I've not played for almost three weeks. I've not even practiced my macro, or warmed up before playing a familiar face. Over the course of this week, I became uncomfortable with my macro, and that led to terrible micro - but surprisingly not to many losses (another terran had me).

I played Stryxis of whom is about even with me in skill, both of us could make a slight change in our tactics and easily win. Two out of 4 games I've played stryxis were supposed to be losses. I'm sure he believes he'd definitely beat me in our next playing session after viewing a replay- he had me beat. All this time I had no interest in getting better than I am now, but I will not let Stryxis outdo me. I won't let myself get too out of shape.

150 apm is what many consider to be 'good enough'. I wonder if that should be my goal until sc 2. I believe I can make it to 150 against the computer; apm doesn't drop dramatically when facing a real opponent. My current average apm is 110. Even if I only play three guys until sc 2, I'm satisfied with that. I like to use previous games to see where their weaknesses are and hit it hard. It brings joy to my world. One thing holds true even now, my resource gathering and macro is better than theirs. Yet, I've got plenty of space to grow on.

Back to practice I go...

No comments: