Aug 2, 2009

D+

Something is wrong, I've reached D+ and somehow still beat other D+ players. At 2611 points, I'm not sure if I deserve it or not. Sure, I win fair and square, but a few of them have weird gameplay, I question how they've reached it at all.

One of them came hard with 2 hatch mutas and killed off almost all of what I had. I had 30 to his 60 unit count and was waiting for the final blow. But the blow never came... turns out that he didn't macro at all and could barely work off 2 expansions. He put way too much time and effort into muta micro. When I came out for a push, he sucked hard with lurkers and zerglings. When defilers came, I irradiated the only 3 of them before they could do anything. The rest of it was pretty simple... May have been the greatest comeback I've ever had. A better player would know how to finish up, hell all he had to do was mass zerglings when I had nothing, he definitely had the money. D+

The other two just had terrible micro. I could take out most of their lurkers without even evading.

I used to think I'd enjoy beating noobs, but I don't think I could enjoy that anymore. I'd feel too sorry. It's weird because playing noobs may be the best way to practice builds without the pressure. But fuck that, I don't want to be an asshole.

33 more to go. I expect good things to happen. Maybe C-? Doubtful... but would be nice.

Also a tip for other iCCup players out there. If you want to play people that are close to your skill level, check their profiles before you play them, if they seem to be new players, don't bother playing them. Check previous seasons ranks. I like to stall them by asking them where they are from.

2 comments:

Tom Phoenix said...

Congratulations, Michael! It is really nice to see you grow as a player. I hope you can find the time to upload another video or at least link a replay.

Hopefully, if I can ever get back to playing StarCraft on a regular basis, I can reach the same success as you.

Onwards to C-!

Michael said...

Heh thanks, you can definitely get to D+ Tom. Just gotta get on :-) I sometimes play just one game a day. If I play anymore I'd be too good ;-)